Digital Learning Day- students having a blast
Virginia Pre-School Initiative Program
1. To help parents take a leadership role in the education of their children through workshops in parenting skills, nutrition, health, consumer education and child development.
2. To improve parent-child relationships through planned and structured classroom interaction.
3. To provide home based activities that help parents to recognize and improve their children's skill development.
4. To work with parents in developing their adult basic education skills.
5. To provide a quality, age appropriate early childhood education program promoting development of the following objectives:
a. Each child will view him/herself as an important individual
b. Each child will develop a sense of independence
c. Each child will develop trust and respect in a safe, secure environment
d. Each child will develop social skills
e. Each child will explore his/her environment and learn through play
f. Each child will develop fine and gross motor skills
g. Each child will develop skills that will enhance reading, writing and math success
h. Each child will enhance language development
1. Virginia Preschool Initiative Program consists of four main components:
A. Early Childhood Education
B. Parent Involvement
C. Comprehensive Health and Nutrition Services
D. Comprehensive Social Services
Our theory is that families need to receive all four core services, not just preschool education alone, to effect lasting change and improve children's school success which are the goals of our program.